Hash lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

parsi_cnu
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hash lookup

Post by parsi_cnu »

I WANT TO USE THIS ROUTINE \SDK\UTILITY\UTILITYHASHLOOKUP BUT WHERE I SHOULD I MENTION THE HASH FILE DIRECTORY PATH. SINCE THAT I COULDNT GET THAT INFO THERE IN THE SEQUENCER CAN SOMEBODY LET ME KNOW.

THANKS
MARSBOY
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Parsi,

first of all, PLEASE DON'T SHOUT AT US WHEN WE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG.

The UtilityHashLookup accepts the hash file name as the first parameter, it does not accept this file as a path; in other words you can only use hash file that have been declared in the VOC.

If you wish to read a record from a file that you only know by path you would use the OPENPATH BASIC command instead of the OPEN BASIC command. You can look into the source code for UtilityHashLookup to see the syntax of the other parts of the code.
parsi_cnu
Charter Member
Charter Member

HASH LOOKUP

Post by parsi_cnu »

HI ARNOLD,
SORRY I DONT MEAN LIKE THAT. THANKS FOR THE REPLY

[quote="ArndW"]Hello Parsi,

first of all, [color=red]PLEASE DON'T SHOUT AT US WHEN WE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG[/color].

The [i]UtilityHashLookup[/i] accepts the hash file name as the first parameter, it does not accept this file as a path; in other words you can only use hash file that have been declared in the VOC.

If you wish to read a record from a file that you only know by path you would use the [b]OPENPATH[/b] BASIC command instead of the [b]OPEN[/b] BASIC command. You can look into the source code for [i]UtilityHashLookup[/i] to see the syntax of the other parts of the code.[/quote]
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Parsi,

you did it again :D I think that anyone using DS and the internet through a browser has a keyboard that is capable of lowercase and UPPERCASE characters; and it is convention to use lowercase in normal messages and uppercase ONLY WHEN SHOUTING; so what I meant to say was that you should please use lowercase when posting messages or questions.