Stored proceadure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ranga1970
Participant

Stored proceadure

Post by ranga1970 »

I have sored proceadure say

ABC

This reades the data from table1 and compares data in table2 and updates some data based on differences.

I could develop job to do this, but if i do not want to develop a new logic in this job but just want to call this stored proceadure which will take care of rest

My question is how to call this stored proceadure and execute it in datastage.

1. can we directly call stored proceadure either in before job exeution sub routene or after job subroutene

2 .I thinkwe can call shell script in before job sub routene or after job subroutene, which in tern can call shell script

In suggestion help in this regard is of great help for me to develop my knowledge and I would really appreciate that

thanks
RRCHINTALA
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Call stored procedure from any passive stage that supports them, for example ODBC stage. Search the forum for more information; it's been covered before.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or don't even bother with DataStage just to do this. A nice little korn shell script wrapper that executes the stored procedure using sqlplus (or whatever) would work just fine, too.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

You can use a Sequencer Routine Activity Stage and call the Stored Procedure from there as another option. You can also write Job Control.
suma
Participant

Post by suma »

You can also write Job Control
Can you tell me how to call a procedure through Job control.
I have simply called my procedure thro the stages.
Now if i can call a procedure through Job Control is there any way that i can control the execution of procedure as before /after Job Subroutine.

Thanks
SumA