Could not load dsmsdbl.dll

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Could not load dsmsdbl.dll

Post by poorna_76 »

We are trying to test few jobs on a New Server.

One of the job failed with the following message:
Jobabc..Sybase_BCP_Load_0: Could not load dsmsdbl.dll
The job is loading to SQL Server database using BCP stage.

This same job ran fine on a different server.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Check your ds_loadlibrary settings. That will be different.
poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by poorna_76 »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Check your ds_loadlibrary settings. That will be different.
I was looking through help for BCP Stage.

Note: The client libraries used by the BCPLoad stage are not supplied as part of DataStage. You must obtain these libraries from your DBMS vendor and ensure they are installed and configured on your system before attempting to use the BCPLoad stage.

Can anybody please tell us in detail
What are those client libraries?
Where to install those? (DataStage Server / Database Server)

Thanks in Advance.
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

dsmsdbl.dll is NOT a SQL Server client dll shipped by MicroSoft, rather this is shipped as part of DataStage and should be found in the engine\bin directory. The properties state -
DataStage DB Library bulk loader for Microsoft SQL Server
Copyright (C) 2004, 1997 - 2003 Ascential Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Please verify that this file exists in the above directory (on the server). If it does exist then you have either a path problem or the file is corrupt and if it does not exist then there might have been a problem during installation. If it does not exist then you might be able to copy it from another server (making sure that the versions of DS are the same) and then registering the dll on the server using

Code: Select all

Start>Run>regsvr32 {dllname}
If there is a problem with this dll then there might be problems with other things???? Was this a new server installation? Did something happen during installation of DS on this server?
poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by poorna_76 »

mhester wrote:dsmsdbl.dll is NOT a SQL Server client dll shipped by MicroSoft, rather this is shipped as part of DataStage and should be found in the engine\bin directory. The properties state -
DataStage DB Library bulk loader for Microsoft SQL Server
Copyright (C) 2004, 1997 - 2003 Ascential Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Please verify that this file exists in the above directory (on the server). If it does exist then you have either a path problem or the file is corrupt and if it does not exist then there might have been a problem during installation. If it does not exist then you might be able to copy it from another server (making sure that the versions of DS are the same) and then registering the dll on the server using

Code: Select all

Start>Run>regsvr32 {dllname}
If there is a problem with this dll then there might be problems with other things???? Was this a new server installation? Did something happen during installation of DS on this server?
Installation was successful without any problem.
We tested few jobs, they ran OK.
But all the jobs using BCP load stage failed with the above message.

We checked in engine\bin directory.
The file is existing.

Thanks
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

I was neglect in that I did not do a search before posting my solution. I still believe it is a valid post, but I have found the following post Check This that may help you.
poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by poorna_76 »

mhester wrote:I was neglect in that I did not do a search before posting my solution. I still believe it is a valid post, but I have found the following post Check This that may help you.
Thanks mhester.
I checked that post,it was informative.
My SQL Server version is 8.
We were able to run the same jobs using BCP stage successfully on a different DataStage Server, but not on the NewServer.

Thanks
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

If the two boxes are the same meaning that the versions of DS are the same and the versions of SQL Server are the same then it would seem to me that this problem might be related to the environment on the non-working server. I will have to ponder this a while longer so hang in there and hopefully someone else will chime in with some ideas or solutions.