Error When Saving a Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Andal
Participant

Error When Saving a Job

Post by Andal »

I am getting the error when saving a particular job
"Error Calling Subroutine:DSR_RECORD (Action=2); Check DataStage is set up correctly in Project <Project Name>
(Internal Error (81021))"
For all other jobs , i am not getting this error, This particular job is compiling and running without any errors and warnings and while saving the job only , it is giving the error.

Please Suggest me , how to get rid of this error.

Rgds
Andal
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Andal,

if you are having a problem with only this job and no other symptoms you might have some sort of corruption in this project. I would recommend you immediately do a full project export (as a safety measure) and that you try two things:

a) Do a "save as" from the designer to another name. If this is successful, delete the original and rename your copy.

If that does not work, then try:

b) From either the command execution in the Administrator or from the dssh command environment issue a "DS.REINDEX ALL" whilst there are no other people working in DS.
sudharsanan
Participant

Post by sudharsanan »

Andal,

Can you provide some more information about the job.. what are actually doing in that job..please provide some inforamtion so that we can think of the reason...

Regards
Sudharsanan
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Did you import the jobs from a different project?
muhagi
Participant

Post by muhagi »

We are experiencing the same problem. I have even recreated the project, but still no luck.

This is the errors we get when I try and compile or save the job sequencer.

[Error calling subroutine: DSR_NLS (Action=22); check DataStage is set up correctly in project <Project>
(Internal Error (81021))

Error calling subroutine: DSR_RECORD (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project <Project>
(Internal Error (81021))]

I have tried everything you suggested and the only way I could get it to work was to create a new job sequencer and split the jobs, so know I run half the jobs in the one Sequencer and the rest in another Sequencer.

All happy and working.

Regards
Nadine[/quote]
Andal
Participant

Post by Andal »

Hi All,

Ds.Reindex All, doesnt help me. But i found the actual problem, While logging when i check the omit option and enter the project without giving username and password, it is giving that error.

But when we login by giving username and password and try to save the job it is not giving any errors.

Rgds
Andal
wilcywilliam
Participant

Post by wilcywilliam »

Try importing and exporting components into the repository from the command line using 'dscmdimport' and 'dscmdexport' commands. Both these commands have a parameter "omitflag" which is set to to 1 to omit the username and password if you are connected to the DataStage Server via LAN Manager.
Wilcy William