DSD.UVOpen Unable to open file-Accessing Hash File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

DSD.UVOpen Unable to open file-Accessing Hash File

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Hi,
I have created a hash file from an Oracle table with only one column. When I right click the file I am able to view the data. Now in my other job when I give teh same path and file name for the hash file , I get an error saying

"PartHash.DSD.UVOpen Unable to open file"

Checked in unix and also changed the file permissions (Chmod 777 PartHash)

Any ideas?.
Thanks,
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Maybe the path or file name is different in them. Or check whether the file system is full.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Vinay, remember to do a "chmod -R", since the default hash file type is in actuality a subdirectory (the only reason to need to play with the access permissions is if you created the file under a different id and you group settings aren't set up according to what DS wants to see).

The "view data" also executes the same open for the hash file (unless you are using an ODBC connection instead of the hash file stage) so I would look to see if you really did enter the same path - a cut-and-paste from one to the other will guarantee that they are identical.
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Hi I got the issue resolved, had a key field issue.
Thanks,