clear version control log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

clear version control log

Post by DSguru2B »

hi guys,
i am using a template of a previous job sequence and i need to clear the version control log before running the new sequence, how exactly do i do that?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you be more specific about what you mean by the "version control log"? For example, are you referring to the version information added to the long description by Version Control when promoting, or some other log?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

well, in the template i see in the general tab of job properties, in fulljob description something about the vc log, i am guessing thats what i am suppose to clear but go ahead and tell me how to clear the long description added by version control while promoting. thanks for your help ray...!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Simply edit the long description field (job properties) and remove those lines.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

thanks ray,
i had a feeling thats all that i need to do.
thanks again.