KeyMgtGetNextValue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Luk
Participant

KeyMgtGetNextValue

Post by Luk »

Hi!

I have two simple (i think) questions.
1) All key sequences are stored in SDKSequences hash file. Is there some command to reset one seq or all seq in one time?? Is the only way to reset seq putting new start seq value to SDK file using hash Stage?

2) What is the difference between KeyMgtGetNextValue and KeyMgtGetNextValueConcurent??
Can you give me some example.
LUK
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

SDKSequences use a normal universe / hash file to store values. So you can write your own code to do whatever way you want.

The difference between the two is locking.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Specific examples of how to do what you ask in your first question have been posted several times in this forum. I'm sure a search will turn them up. :wink:

As for more specifics other than 'locking' on the difference between the two, bring them up in the Manager by double-clicking on them. Read the Long Description to see How It Is Used and then switch to the Code tab and check out the difference in the coding of the two. Everything is there to answer your question.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Luk
Participant

Post by Luk »

thanks culett!!

I'm going to Manager write now :) and I will read and test it!
LUK