Using Quality stage plug-in

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arun_im4u
Premium Member
Premium Member

Using Quality stage plug-in

Post by arun_im4u »

I am trying to use QS plug-in in one of my jobs. The job starts to run and never starts the Quality Stage job. I manually stop the job after a while.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the QualityStage run time manager (qsrtmngr) process running? This is the mechanism through which DataStage communicates with QualityStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

QualityStage only partially uses the DataStage log mechanism. Most of the informative QualityStage log messages will be written to QualityStage directories such as the QS manager log file or the QS project log directory.

While your job is running go to the QS project and look at the dates of the files in the data and log directories to see if files are being created or appended. Turn up the trace level within DataStage (I usually make the trace level a job parameter) and see if you get more information.

Like Ray says the first thing to work out is whether the QS real time manager is running and that the QS job is starting. Look at the manager log file for this info.
arun_im4u
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by arun_im4u »

No.. The Quality stage manager(qsrtmgr) is not running.... How do I resolve this... I recently asked my sys admin to add my project to the QS plug-in pack. Could there be a problem with that..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Log in as qsadm and start the qsrtmngr manually. Detailed instructions are in the manual. This will allow you to determine whether this is your only problem. If it is, get your system admininstrator to configure the qsrtmngr to start automatically when all the other DataStage processes start.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.