IDOCs are not getting created in SAP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

IDOCs are not getting created in SAP

Post by tombastian »

Hi All,
I am using IDOC Load for R3 Stage to create IDOC in SAP. Data is passed to IDOC Load Stage from a hashfile and have multiple links going into it.
The Job run completes without any warnings and in Job Monitor, the number of input and output rows are same for links going to IDOC Stage..but no Idocs are found in SAP. The log does not display any message like "IDOCs are Sent".

Will anyone be able to give any inputs..

Thanks in Advance,
Tom.
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: IDOCs are not getting created in SAP

Post by PhilHibbs »

tombastian wrote:Hi All,
I am using IDOC Load for R3 Stage to create IDOC in SAP. Data is passed to IDOC Load Stage from a hashfile and have multiple links going into it.
The Job run completes without any warnings and in Job Monitor, the number of input and output rows are same for links going to IDOC Stage..but no Idocs are found in SAP. The log does not display any message like "IDOCs are Sent".

Will anyone be able to give any inputs..

Thanks in Advance,
Tom.
You should be getting messages like this:

Code: Select all

AR_IM_J05_DMR3_WHUBDOC_Load_ACC_DOCUMENT02_From_CSV..Load_ACC_DOCUMENT02: Sent IDocs 40251 through 40300 to R/3
One of these messages is written after every 50 IDocs sent to SAP (as you can see, we're sending a lot!)

I can't imagine why it isn't sending them, if no warnings are being written about null values or anything else. If anything occurs to me, I'll reply again or update this post.

Have all the mandatory segments got rows going in? I always write the segments out to sequential files and then have a job whose sole function is to load these segment files into the IDoc. This allows us to check what is being done by the rest of the job logic. The only transformation done in the IDoc load job is to ICONV dates from ISO format yyyy-mm-dd into DataStage format.

Has the partner ID in SAP been authorised to create the IDoc type? I don't think it's that, because IIRC it would still write out the "Sent" log messages.

What version of the SAP PACK are you using? My advice is to try and get the 5.1 version installed as early as possible, as the 5.0.1 pack has nasty bugs and the upgrade is a bit tricky.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tombastian »

Hi Phil,
Thanks for your reply.

I am not getting any similar messages as you have given but there are no warnings form the job. Yes there is one mandatory segment and it's populated.

Thanks,

Tom.
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

tombastian wrote:I am not getting any similar messages as you have given but there are no warnings form the job. Yes there is one mandatory segment and it's populated.
If there are fields being loaded with @NULL, are they set as nullable? If not then you should be getting errors, but maybe these errors are not being produced for some reason. Worth a try.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tombastian »

Hi Phil,
I have set all except Primary Key and Foreign Key Fields to Nullable.

Regards,
Tom
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Check whether you Ascential I-Doc process is running. Otherwise they will be left as sequential files in your Server.

You can test it by attempting to receive some i-docs.
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Check whether you Ascential I-Doc process is running. Otherwise they will be left as sequential files in your Server.

You can test it by attempting to receive some i-docs.
You do not need the IDoc listener service (dsidocd) in order to send IDocs. We have killed this process and removed it from /etc because we do not receive IDocs, we just generate them.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tombastian »

Hi Phil,
The problem is resolved. It was because of wrong partner profile given in SAP Client Connection settings. I had selected the default one but actually it was someting different.

Thanks & Regards,
Tom