license in datastage 6.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

license in datastage 6.0

Post by divine »

Dear ,

When I opening datastage director in one m/c I get a error like

All licenses are in use . Limit=2.

Where as I am able to open the director in other m/c.

Can any one help me in this regarding.
With Regards
Biswajit
davidnemirovsky
Participant

Post by davidnemirovsky »

If your license limit is 2, then at any point in time only 2 Datastage clients (Manager, Director, Designer) may be open. If it keeps giving you inconsitent messages just restart the datastage services or bounce the server.
Cheers,
Dave Nemirovsky
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

djhigh wrote:If your license limit is 2, then at any point in time only 2 Datastage clients (Manager, Director, Designer) may be open.
I'm afraid that's not true. Your limit (in the later versions) is meant to be the number of concurrent users that can connect to the server at any given point in time. There is some checking done on how many connections can be made from a single IP address, but it's hard-coded and not tied to your license count. From what I recall. :?

There is an excellent discussion in this thread, where Ray 'Jacque Cousteau' Wurlod (as usual) dives deep into the weeds to explain How It Works. :wink: Discussed in there is also a way to check to see what it thinks is going on as there are times the 'checker' can get confused.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by divine »

Dear All,

Thanks for the excellent Feed back and hope to get feed back for any issues in future also.
With Regards
Biswajit