Help!! I've lost my poroject

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akrzy
Participant

Help!! I've lost my poroject

Post by akrzy »

Hi,
I have realy big problem, I think.
Me licence has expired and I can't export jos to dsx files.

The new licence has new serial number so I have to reinstall DataStage.

Maybe you know how I can save my project?

Please tell me that it is possible...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

akrzy,

don't panic!

Nothing is lost. I would take a UNIX level backup of all of your project directories, just to be on the safe side, before activating with your new key.

You should be able to go into your administrator and enter the new license details and reactivate your DS system.

-Arnd.
akrzy
Participant

Post by akrzy »

Even than if I have new serial number?
Luk
Participant

Post by Luk »

You should be able to go into your administrator and enter the new license details and reactivate your DS system.
what if you stop DS engine using
"uv -admin -stop"
after license expiration ??

Can you run administrator then ??
I can't!! I'm getting error message like this:

Code: Select all

Sorry, this version of DataStage server has expired.
An error has occurred during DataStage initialization
Please contact the system administrator
Error code:  5   0

Unable to get National Language Support shared memory segment.
/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/sample/ds.rc: line 418: [: : integer expression expected
DataStage Engine 7.5.1.1 instance "ade" has been brought up.
Starting JobMonApp
JobMonApp has been started.
and i can't connect to administrator
LUK
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Luk,

if the administrator is not available for a license change, then you will be able to run an install; I can't test it here but the procedure should detect existing projects while upgrading the master account and add them. If you make a copy / backup of the project directories then you will be 100% safe should something go wrong and always have the option of creating an empty new project and copying the file structure from a backup into it. NB that you need to ensure that you copy all access rights, rwlocks and hidden files otherwise it won't work.
Luk
Participant

Post by Luk »

Thanks ArndW!

I suspect that that way it will work, when I will reinstal DS with new serial number. I was only curious if someone try it erlier and I wanted to ensure that it is possible to have access to old projects during reinstallation procedure.
LUK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you still can't see the projects after installing the server with a different serial number, it may still be possible to recover. In essence you need to update the "system tables" (particularly UV.ACCOUNT and the SQL Catalog) with references to the extant projects.

Post again if this turns out to be the case.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
goma
Participant

Post by goma »

If above procedure for new licence to update does not work, it is worth to try unix level back-up for the project directory, then installing new DataStage in new box. Next creating a project with same name as previous one, then replace entire project directory wich back-up.
I am not sure it always work, but worth to try in the case nothing you can do about licence.
akrzy
Participant

Post by akrzy »

Thanks for your help.
Everything works fine.

I've reinstalled DataStage. I've created new empty project and than I've moved every files from old directory to new project.
And It works.

Thanks one more time....
Anka