Error from Folder Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error from Folder Stage

Post by tombastian »

Hi,
I am trying to read files from directory at OS level using folder stage. The transformation Job immediatly after the folder stage throws the following errors

"DSD.UVOpen Unable to open folder /prj/board/chk/cust/reception"

"DataStage Job 1656 Phantom 16368
Program "DSD.DIROpen": Line 186, Could not locate NLS map .
Program "DSD.UVOpen": Line 456, Could not locate NLS map .
Job Aborted after Fatal Error logged."

The Directory is existing at OS Level and the job was working fine earlier.
Pls help.

Thanks,
Tom.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Error code implies :
a file with none standard NLS exists which does not match your defined NLS.

if you never got any file processed yet try to get the list of files as it would arrive to the folder stage and check the first file for having unusuall/unsupported NLS characters (unsupported by you current NLS settings)

other reason that might crash a folder stage:
1. having a directory inside the one being processed by the folder stage
2. having large files, usually over 100MB (on windows machines for sure, need to chek on unix).

personally I prefer using alternative basic code instead of using the folder stage.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The error "unable to locate NLS map" usually means that the map you have specified has not been loaded into memory.

You will need the Administrator client to determine which NLS maps exist on the system, and which of these have been loaded into memory.

After you specify a change to which maps are loaded into memory, you should re-start DataStage, so that all share memory segments are re-built.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tombastian »

Hi Ray & Roy,
Thanks for you reply. I tried the methods but did not work. Finally got one idea, just deleted the directory at Unix OS level and recreated it. It woked.!! :idea:

Thanks,
Tom.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That suggests that someone had deleted the hidden file .nlsmap from the original directory, or had altered it to contain incorrect character map information.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.