Incomplete Column

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bdixon
Participant

Incomplete Column

Post by bdixon »

Hi All,

I have a seq file stage in a job that at times has 1 less columns than i am expecting so I have changed the job to discard and warn on any incomplete columns. But what I want to do is put the discard out to an exception file so I can monitor these discards.

Is there anyway of doing this?

Regards
Brad
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Use replace option and use replacement value of something like "XXXXYYYYYZZZ" or something very noticeable and unlikely to appear in the missing column. Then, put a constraint on the following transformer to place the rows that have that column value in your reject file.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
bdixon
Participant

Post by bdixon »

how/where do i tell it the value that i want to replace the missing column with?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Go to the columns tab, scroll across to the right until you find the missing column heading. You can set the missing field action in this column.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

kcbland wrote:Use replace option and use replacement value of something like "XXXXYYYYYZZZ" or something very noticeable and unlikely to appear in the missing column. Then, put a constraint on the following transformer to place the rows that have that column value in your reject file.
And here I was thinking, when I first saw that question, that you can't really do something like that very easily! :lol: Interesting approach, Ken.

You could have gone with 'XYZZY' as the replacement value. That perhaps, or 'PLUGH'. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers