problem with scheduling a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajiivnb
Participant

problem with scheduling a job

Post by rajiivnb »

Hi group,

I tried a schedule a job, through director--> job--> Add schedule...

After giving the timings i clicked the schedule button, it throws an error like the below,

"
Error adding to Schedule: u r not authorized to at. Sorry.
command was at 20:00 today.
(Data was:
Ascential/DataStage/Projects/test23/dsr...
Ascential/DataStage/Projects/test23
Ascential/DataStage/Projects/DSEngine job_name "

I dont know whtz this error. i even logged in as administrator. Even though am getting this error.

can anyone please suggest me how to schedule and to solve this problem..

thnx in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The message tells you exactly what's wrong. You are not authorised to use the at command on the UNIX server. Contact your UNIX administrator; you may need to be added to cron.allow, or you may need to be granted write access to the atjobs and/or cronjobs directory (or added to a group that has such access).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajiivnb
Participant

Post by rajiivnb »

ray.wurlod wrote:The message tells you exactly what's wrong. You are not authorised to use the at command on the UNIX server. Contact your UNIX administrator; you may need to be added to cron.allow, or you may need to be granted write access to the atjobs and/or cronjobs directory (or added to a group that has such access).
how thanx ray, i got that. ok, can u tell me, wht are the steps to done to schedule it. am new to unix. it will be helpful to me, if i know something about how to schedule and wht are the way to be carried out and wht the commands to be used to schedule a job in a unix.

thnx for ur valuable solution.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Code: Select all

man at

Code: Select all

man cron
Google cron
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook