Telnet after command on SSH Unix port in FTP stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sonia jacob
Participant

Telnet after command on SSH Unix port in FTP stage

Post by sonia jacob »

Hi,
I am working on Datastage 7.5. Datastage server is in Unix Solaris.
My datastage server is on (Let say) Host : 1 and my source files are on Applicationserver (Let say) Host: 2 Both are 2 different Unix server.
Now at run time i have one FTP stage at the Biggining i am reading the source file from Host:2 then doing some processing and generating the target file and again FTP target file (Using FTP stage) to Host2. once the target file is generated i want to move the source file to some different directory.
For moving the source file i am using the Telnet after command (Unix command)in target FTP stage. now this command is working fine on Development Unix server because i have telnet port 23.
But The same job "Telnet after command" command doesn't work on UAT Unix server because in UAT we have SSH port(22). so for SSH port how i have to configuare the target FTP stage so that my Telnet after command works ???

The job gives the error as follows:
======================
ftp_test..FTP_Plug_in_0: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.8.1p1(32)Build(32)Number:(32)0604(10)
ftp_test..FTP_Plug_in_0: unable to execute Telnet command 'Telnet After Command'

So the Problem is how to execute the Unix command (And configuare the FTP stage) for remote host where SSH port is there.

Thanks
Regards
Sonia Jacob
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Some options are
1.) Use different port for telnet / ftp
2.) Use rsh or remsh