Capturing Job Sequencer and Job return codes in UNIX korn

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ErichG
Premium Member
Premium Member

Capturing Job Sequencer and Job return codes in UNIX korn

Post by ErichG »

What is the syntax for JobStatus (if that is the correct Ascential command) to specifically capture Job Sequencer / Job return codes within a UNIX korn shell (command line) while executing a Job Sequencer / Job executable. Is there a list of return codes so that I know what each is. My intent here is to check after each Ascential call the return code from execution in Ascential and abend the UNIX korn shell if it is incorrect.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Maybe you need

dsjob -jobinfo
sachinkc
Participant

Re: Capturing Job Sequencer and Job return codes in UNIX kor

Post by sachinkc »

execute dsjob command on the console and it will give you a list of parameters that you can use to get what you need. You might want to pipe it to grep\awk after that.
- Sachin
ErichG wrote:What is the syntax for JobStatus (if that is the correct Ascential command) to specifically capture Job Sequencer / Job return codes within a UNIX korn shell (command line) while executing a Job Sequencer / Job executable. Is there a list of return codes so that I know what each is. My intent here is to check after each Ascential call the return code from execution in Ascential and abend the UNIX korn shell if it is incorrect.
Rgrds & Cheers!

Sachin
sachin@operamail.com
~Life always finds a way~