Phantom Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

trivedi_ck
Charter Member
Charter Member

Phantom Job

Post by trivedi_ck »

Hello,
I am trying to find out how to read code in Datastage 6.x I am trying to resolve below mentioned error and I am trying to get to line 434.

Program "JOB.2070685514.DT.1358140504.TRANS1": Line 434, Nonnumeric data when numeric required. Zero used.
DataStage Phantom Finished

Regards

C K Trivedi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello C.K.,

the code that is generating the "non-numeric when numeric required" is the automatically created BASIC code for your transformer TRANS1. Just as with most code-generators, the code is meant to execute but not necessarily to be read by the likes of us. It would be better to look at this transformer stage and selectively modify both your stage variable and derivations until the error goes away.

If you really wish to take the more difficult route, the actual source code is going to be in a subdirectory called RT_BPnn; if you do a compile of your program and then list your project directory from UNIX take the directory with the most recent date-time modified and look into it. There will be a file for each of your transforms. The line number 434 is not necessarily the correct number, you might have to look at +/- 5 lines of code. I still think that this will take longer to locate the problem than trying to debug the transform stage.
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

Hi,
It seems some char data is getting passed into a field having numeric as data type. Try to use NullToZero tranform to eliminate this error.

IHTH,
Phani