writing no matching columns from lookup to a file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajiivnb
Participant

writing no matching columns from lookup to a file

Post by rajiivnb »

Hi,
My lookup doesnt have any matching condition.But i required to track the status of the column which is not matching to a file and finally sud mail that file.Is this possible with 7.1 version.

Regards,
Rajiivnb
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My lookup doesnt have any matching condition.

In that case, in a server job, you don't have a lookup. It's as simple as that.

On the other hand, what you are possibly asking is that, for some rows, your lookup does not succeed. In this case you want to capture those rows, and direct them to another file which you might include in some kind of notification, such as email.

Create an additional output link from your Transformer stage. Send your input rows along this new output link. Add a constraint that indicates that the lookup failed, such as RefLinkName.NOTFOUND (input link variable) or IsNull(RefLinkName.KeyColumn). The latter technique relies on DataStage behaviour that returns NULL if the lookup does not succeed.

Later, detect whether any rows were passed along this link (DSGetLinkInfo function) and use that value to make the decision about sending an email.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajiivnb
Participant

Post by rajiivnb »

Thanks Ray.

Regards,
Rajiivnb