DSN Empty: list returned from host xxx

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Triton46
Charter Member
Charter Member

DSN Empty: list returned from host xxx

Post by Triton46 »

I've added an entry to uvodbc.config and .odbc.ini. This works on our other servers but I can't find what is different here. Am I missing something?
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi,

You can have different uvodbc.config for different projects. Are you checking the right project directory?

Moreover, whatever is defined at project level overrides that given at dshome level.

HTH
--Rich
Triton46
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Triton46 »

I found it. I had the uvodbc.config in DSEngine but not in the Project (been a while since I set one up). :oops:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Having uvodbc.config in the $DSHOME directory and not in the projects is a perfectly valid approach, though you lost the ability to have different sets of DSNs per project.

When a BCI call to connect to a DSN is made, DataStage searches first in the project directory for uvodbc.config, next in the $DSHOME directory, and finally in /etc (or its Windows equivalent %WINNT_ROOT%\System32\drivers\etc)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.