failed to connect to host,host not responding -81011

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

error msg when connecting to datastage 7.1 on my desktop:

can you throw some suggestions.

Thanks,
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The error message describes a connectivity issue. Try opening a CMD window and do a "ping" or "tracert" or "telnet" to the host. This is most likely not going to work, fix that and DataStage clients will be able to connect as well. Sometimes you will have to use the IP address if your local hosts file is not up-to-date.

If your server is also on your local machine, try "localhost" as the machine name.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Also check whether there is any firewall running.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

81011 means "unknown host".

Check that your host name (or IP address) is correctly entered and, as the others have suggested, reachable.

The DataStage RPC daemon listens on port number 31538; check that this port is not blocked by the firewall.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
brahma
Participant

Post by brahma »

Thanks for all your responses.That really worked
1)one way:Initially tried using a cable connected to a router and the other end connected to my system,no internet connection at this point and this worked.
2)Other way: as you guys suggested, I disabled the firewall and it justs works fine.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Am I confused!!! The question was from one person (id) and the confirmation of working by another person (id). Are they the same ??