Change detection between projects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

j.anderson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Change detection between projects

Post by j.anderson »

I am trying to write a script that can take a DSX file from our development server, and compare it to what is on the production server to see if any changes have been made. This will allow us to make sure all changes are documented before moving to production.

The DSX files have a Modification Date, however I have seen no such date I can compare to on the production side (i.e. in the repository). I can't think of another way to do this.

Do any of you do something like this? Is there some sort of way you know of that I can see if something has changed in a job?

Thanks!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you do an export from the production and then compare the flat files (you can use DataStage to do that :))?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You will need to change / remove the export header which contains project and server specific information and also some date + time lines.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

See this post:
viewtopic.php?t=90672

You can use DS_AUDIT as a means of identifying what objects have changed in a project, but for internally on the object, you must do a .dsx comparison. However, this may not work because of the internal numbering scheme on object designs. The internal numbers change as you do things to a job design.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle