Importing jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jatz_da_way
Participant

Importing jobs

Post by jatz_da_way »

I have some jobs on my desktop that I need to import to my laptop.... can any one suggest me how to do the import & export the jobs.

(NS:Both the systems are running DataStage 7.0)

Thx,

Jatz_da_way
xlnc
Participant

Post by xlnc »

I am not sure why did you get this doubt, log in to the manager and then go to import , select the file and import it in. Did you import the file in .dsx format or .xml format?
XLNC
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Use DataStage Manager to export from your server onto a directory on your desktop. Get that file to your laptop. Zipping will reduce the size. Run the import from DataStage Manager on your laptop.
jatz_da_way
Participant

Post by jatz_da_way »

I have been trying the same...but when i try to import , it says that
"Data Corrupted. Failed to import"

Thx
Jatz_da_way
jatz_da_way
Participant

Post by jatz_da_way »

I am trying in .dsx format

Thx
Jatz_da_way
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Good, .dsx format is best for this and saves an 'extra' step when importing. :wink:

Explain to us exactly how you are getting the export file from your desktop to your laptop. Assuming the export doesn't start off life corrupted, something in your transfer process is corrupting it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I can think of no good messages in DataStage that have the words "Data Corrupted" in them and this is no exception. Try exporting and importing just one job. You may find that there is a single job or component somewhere on your desktop that is corrupting your export file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I often use 3.5 inch "floppy" disks for these transfers, and have had no bad experiences.
Try importing on the desktop (even if not a "real" import) to determine whether the export file is corrupted. If so, export again.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jatz_da_way
Participant

Post by jatz_da_way »

Seems like my desktop is infected. Running very slow.....
Now running NAV & anti-spyware.... lets c what they say....

Thx
Jatz_da_way
jatz_da_way
Participant

Post by jatz_da_way »

Guys thx a lot for all ur help.

Actually my desktop was infected with some virus called W32.Bropia.Q. It deletes and/or modifies the files. After removing the virus, I was able to successfully import/export jobs. I have learned a lesson to keep ALWAYS UPDATED VIRUS DEFINITIONS

Thx,
Jatz_da_way