Encrypted Password

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ririr
Participant

Encrypted Password

Post by ririr »

In the logs of the server jobs under the "Starting Job" and "Environment variable settings:" messages the Source and Target Passwords are not encrypted though we had set them to as encrypted at the Project level.

How can I make the PWD's encrypted in the job logs?

Any help is appreciated.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If the passwords are set as an Encrypted type in the job then their values will be encrypted in the job's log.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,

How do we set passwords as ecrypted at the Project level?

Ketfos
vcannadevula
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vcannadevula »

There is no setting in the Administrator to keep the password encrypted in the Environment Variables at the project level. Only at the Job level we can set the parameter to encrypted......This is up to my knowledge......If there are any changes in Datastage in the recent version please let us know.
rdevkaran
Participant

Re: Encrypted Password

Post by rdevkaran »

ririr wrote:In the logs of the server jobs under the "Starting Job" and "Environment variable settings:" messages the Source and Target Passwords are not encrypted though we had set them to as encrypted at the Project level.

How can I make the PWD's encrypted in the job logs?

Any help is appreciated.
Define the Password as a parameter in Job Properites, and set the Type to "Encrypted". Use the parm. name (around #) in the stage.
rdevkaran
Participant

Re: Encrypted Password

Post by rdevkaran »

Define the Password as a parameter in Job Properites, and set the Type to "Encrypted". Use the parm. name (around #) in the stage.