Error during job administration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

eoyylo
Participant

Error during job administration

Post by eoyylo »

Hi,

After jobs I have many problem with Projects administration too.

Now it is impossible to create a new project in the server (I have enough space: about 1 GB).

When I try to create a new one the next errors occurs:

DSR.ADMIN: Error executing UPDATE.ACCOUNT.

When I try to recreate an old one that I deleted the error message is:

DSR.ADMIN: A schema called 'EBIS_REVISIONE_ARC' already exists. This must be dropped before the project can be created.

The clueanup of projects don't produce any result (it don't cleanup anything).

How can I resolve all this problems?

I suppose that the internal Datastage Project Database is corrupt. Is it possible to restore it?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mario
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The problem here is one of incompletely deleting all references to the project from the system tables.

From the Administrator client command window or from a telnet session in which you have invoked dssh, and logged in with administrator access, execute the following command:

Code: Select all

VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA ProjectName FIX
That may be sufficient; it will certainly address the specific error message you reported.

Next check the UV.ACCOUNT table. You really need to be in dssh on the server for this, since LOGTO is blocked in the Administrator client. (You could use SETFILE or SET.FILE to create a pointer to it, though.)

SELECT @ID, PATH FROM UV.ACCOUNT WHERE @ID = 'ProjectName';
will indicate whether there is an entry; if there is, you can delete it.

DELETE FROM UV.ACCOUNT WHERE @ID = 'ProjectName';
Delete the project directory if it exists, and you are now in a position to create a new account.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.