Clear Log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ketfos
Participant

Clear Log

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
In Director, you can select the job and clear the log based upon last run or before date or auto purge or Immediate purge.

Is there a way to delete the last N number of entries from the job log of the current run?

The reason I want is - the job ran with numerous constraint violations. The size of job log file is large. I just want to see the last couple of entries in the log.
If I clear the job log file using the Director, it clears completely. Then there is nothing in log to see.

Thanks

Ketfos
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Set the log filter to 2 rows. By default it is set to last 100 rows.
lax
Participant

Post by lax »

You can check show all tab <director---view--show all> .This shows all the log entries. Allows you to see the last entries as well as see where exactly the job is causing the error.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you "delete the last N entries" then you won't be able to see just "the last couple of entries in the log".

Of course it is possible to purge up to the previous run, and it is recommended that you do so, either manually or automatically.

More exact purging can be done using DML, but this is not recommended as it does not properly update the control record //JOB.STARTED.NO.

Unless you are filtering by type, the Director log view always shows the most recent entries.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.