guna

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

guna
Participant

guna

Post by guna »

routines:

1)How to use routines in datastage?
2)Have you are written any custom routines in your project? is so explain?
3)how to make read - only routines in datastage? it possible if so how?
4)what are different field operators in routines?
stages
1)what is difference between shared-container and local-container?when comparing this with informatica a shared container is mapplet or re-usable tranformation?
2)if ur are changing any changes in shared-container will it effect in all the jobs were you used this shared- container?
3)how can u set properties of hashed file(that is caliculatins of minimum modules etc..)?
4)what is the architecture of datastage?
5)can u use in/out parametres in odbc?
6)what is stage variables,system variables,environment varaibles?
7)suppose if i have 150 colums in source and data in that is 1 million records suppose
if colum1 some values i want to replaces to some values like that i need to change for fifty
colums how can i change them?
8)can i join a flat file and oracle and load into oracle?is this possible?
9)how can u do incremental aggregation in datastage? if so how?
10)while loading some data into target suddenly thier is a problem loading process
stopped how can u start loading from the records that were left?
1)in informatica the repository is in rdbms? where the repository in datastage resides?
ans)universe rdbms,but if you want to increase the repository size
how can u alter that in datastage,in informatica if repository is
oracle u can alter that by alter command at prompt for that particular database
1)what are the general problems that u face in datastage?
2)

[/i][/b]
guna
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Guna,

your list of questions looks quite similar to a list of interview questions that was posted in this forum yesterday... suspiciously similar... by yourself :)

I don't think that you will get your questions answered directly in this forum, as ETL professionals most, if not all, of us (I'll just speak for others right now) don't like the idea of people studying up on interview questions to get an assignment instead of studying up on the product itself. This is not like school where answering a question is sufficient; we need to know the underlying concepts in order to adapt solutions in different environments.

But all is not lost

The good news is that each and every question that you posted has an answer that has already been posted in DSXchange! If you look at the top of your window you will see a menu bar in light blue. The third item on the top line is labelled Search and if you go into that screen and type the keywords that correspond to your questions you will get many threads that will answer your questions.

p.s. You might want to edit your posting title, since it now only states your name.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

I agree....seems like you need to attend an Ascential Training Class