changes made are appearing in job are not appearing in seque

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ranga1970
Participant

changes made are appearing in job are not appearing in seque

Post by ranga1970 »

Hi,
I had created a server job, and i had mapped a field to a record, but later on it was found that that mapping is not correct and it was changed, this is brought through an hash file

but the problem, when i run this job individually, tha job brings correct records, but when a sequencer runs the job old field is brought

the hash file paths are different when we run jobs individually and sequentially and we use write differd in all hash files,
could some one suggest he possible cause

thanks
ranga
RRCHINTALA
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are your hash file direcotory paths supplied by job parameters? Are they being passed to the child job by the Sequencer?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And are they being passed accurately?

Check the child job's log entries to view the parameter values with which its run was requested.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have you at some point copied and renamed your job? Perhaps your sequence job is pointing to an old copy of the job you are working on. Using DataStage Manager click on your job and choose the Usage Analysis option to see what sequence jobs are using it.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

When your job sequencer runs, you can try to order the jobs by status in the DataStage director to check whether the job you expect to run are the ones that are really running.

Also you can see the job log's first few lines to check the parameters passed to it and its values to confirm the correctness of the flow.