How to view the character symbolize end-of-row

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

KKCAA
Participant

How to view the character symbolize end-of-row

Post by KKCAA »

How do you view the character symbolizing the "end-of-row" in a data file?

I have a record in a file which gives an error. But if I isolate it and process it alone, it gives no errors. If the record one before and after of the error record are processed with the error record (as the second record in the file), the process failes. I assume that the reason is for not having the "end-of-row" character in that error record.
Any ideas how to figure this out ?.

Following is the error I get.

SQLSTATE=22005, DBMS.CODE=-99999
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0112E Error in assignment. SQLSTATE=22005
roshanp_21
Participant

Post by roshanp_21 »

One best way to identify end of row character is to open the file in textpad or other similar application that will help you identify the end of row charater.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

What happens if you have your error record as first record and any normal record following it?

If it is a problem with end-of-line marker, you will have problems with this too.

Try to write the result into a seq file instead of the table. This will give you an idea of the output.