Connection Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

billsklar
Participant

Connection Error

Post by billsklar »

I'm trying to use DataStage to fire off a separate vendor's ETL process. I've generated a batch file that successfully fires off the job successfully. However, when I use the "execute command" stage in DS to fire off the batch file I get the following message:

Epiphany_Launch_Test..JobControl (@Execute_Epiphany_Job): Executed: \\bgedwapp02\e$\executeepiphany
Reply=0
Output from command ====>
Error - Failed to connect to <\\bgepiphany>, Error = 5

The DS service account has rights to the target server. Is this a port issue?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bill
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

The error message says that your DataStage SERVER machine is unable to connect to the mentioned windows path of \\bgedwapp02. Please check whether the user you use to connect to DataStage server has the network connection to that machine and drive.

In short, login to DS Server using your user-id and try to execute the same command from command prompt.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Please note that the required connection is to be setup on your DataStage server machine and provide enough authorisation to execute the script.
billsklar
Participant

Post by billsklar »

It's actually tring to connect to \\bgepiphany. \\bgedwapp02 is the server that DS is running on. I've logged into that server and fired off the batch file using our service account and it runs fine. There's always a possibility that I'm missing something and a different account is being used. I will research and reply.

Thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could always use

Code: Select all

AT \\computername hh:mm "command"
executed through ExecDOS or DSExecute.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

If the remote computer is your DataStage Server, you may be better-off removing that from your execution call line.

In other words, you can execute saying 'E:\ExecuteEpiphany' (with any parameters if necessary)
billsklar
Participant

Post by billsklar »

So I figured out the security issue but I'm still getting an error:

Epiphany_Launch_Test..JobControl (@Execute_Epiphany_Job): Executed: \\bgedwapp02\e$\executeepiphany.bat
Reply=1
Output from command ====>
Executing on \\bgepiphany: epiphanyruncmd

Error:8 - Internal error = 6

Thoughts?
billsklar
Participant

Problem solved

Post by billsklar »

Ascential support informed me that I needed to use the "start" command prior to the "rcmd" command. Worked flawlessly. :D