Parameter passing from outer sequencer to inner sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SonShe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parameter passing from outer sequencer to inner sequencer

Post by SonShe »

I have the following job design:

In the main sequencer:

I have a routine activity stage that determines the current date followed by a sub-sequencer. A job parameter in the sub-sequencer gets the current date from the routine activity stage as returnvalue. I also have other job parameters including DSN, ID, and password for Oracle connectivity.

In the sub-sequencer:

I have three jobs. The first one needs the database connection parameters.

The Problem:

When I run the sub-sequencer on its own, the process runs fine. When I run the main sequencer without any job parameters, it again runs successfully. However, when I put the job parameters in the main sequencer and then run it, the first job in the sub-sequencer aborts with "ORA-12541:TNS no listener" error.

Is there something that I am doing wrong here? Please help me.

Thanks.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

The error message you receive is because an Oracle SID value is not being propagated properly to the job. Please verify whether you have any such value passed as parameter and check the value passed from the master sequence.

Please note that when you change any parameter property in a sequence, it automatically blanks the places where that property is used or passed to sub-jobs.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This error can also mean that all of the Oracle listeners that the DBA has set up are already in use, so no more listeners can be allocated. Check with your DBA, who should be monitoring such things.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.