problem with nested sequences

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vcannadevula
Charter Member
Charter Member

problem with nested sequences

Post by vcannadevula »

Hi all,
I have a main sequence that has sequence in each job activity.My requirement is --
If a job aborts in a sequence, then i should not run the jobs following this job in that sequence and also other sequences next to this sequence.

I am using utility abort to log routine to avoid running jobs next to aborted job with in a sequence.But when it comes to next sequence I am unable to do this because even if the jobs in a sequence abort, message in the log says job under control finished.
How can i meet this requirement?
Any help is appreciated
Thank You
santoshkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: problem with nested sequences

Post by santoshkumar »

hi,

Try addind a stage called Global Exception handler and link to a abort stage. something like this

GolbalExceptionHandler----------->abortStage.

so any erraneous job the control will go to
GolbalExceptionHandler and then u have a option to either continue or abort.

hope this helps you..

santosh
assistant consultant
mumbai

vcannadevula wrote:Hi all,
I have a main sequence that has sequence in each job activity.My requirement is --
If a job aborts in a sequence, then i should not run the jobs following this job in that sequence and also other sequences next to this sequence.

I am using utility abort to log routine to avoid running jobs next to aborted job with in a sequence.But when it comes to next sequence I am unable to do this because even if the jobs in a sequence abort, message in the log says job under control finished.
How can i meet this requirement?
Any help is appreciated
Thank You
Santosh
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

If you are on version 5 then you need to upgrade to 7.5. Release 7.1 and above sequences work fine. You need to update your profile if you are not on version 5 any more.
Mamu Kim