Sending Mail.....

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Sending Mail.....

Post by MaheshKumar Sugunaraj »

Hi All,

Could anyone please explain what exactly the following message means

-----------------------------------------------

*** No output from command ***
The following parameters in the call to DSSendMail were not mentioned in the file 'dssendmail_template.txt': server

------------------------------------------------

I have checked in the Project and you have file called "dssendmail_template.txt" on the Project created.

I just checked the other examples and after passing the nessary values the Email Notification stage this creates a shell script which gets exceuted. Please clarify the above message and my understanding.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Thanks & Regards
Mahesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's purely informational.

The underlying call to the script to send the mail was silent - indicating, as UNIX does, that it was successful, hence "no output from command".

The other message alerts you to the fact that the server parameter mentioned in the dssendmail script was not assigned a value. You get away with this on UNIX because each machine can be its own mail server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kommven
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kommven »

What are you mentioning in mail server?

By default it can be "mail"

If you specify some other server address, there maybe a error.

Sometime there maybe an alias for mail and mailx on your server. you shud achieve this goal by writing a script and invoking it by execute cmd. stage...

goto prompt and check for mail...

Kommu
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Post by MaheshKumar Sugunaraj »

Hi All,

Thanks you for your comments.

With Regards
Mahesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The UNIX hostname can be used in the SMTP Mail server name on a UNIX machine - each UNIX machine (if so configured) can be its own SMTP mail server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.