DSGetLinkInfo

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SonShe
Premium Member
Premium Member

DSGetLinkInfo

Post by SonShe »

I have after-job routine that works fine when I hard code the link name in the DSgetLinkInfo function. But when I am using the InputArg to pass the link name, I am getting -9 error.

Can anyone please help how I can fix this?

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

From DSINCLUDE/JOBCONTROL.H

Code: Select all

Equ DSJE.BADLINK    To  -9  ;* LinkName does not refer to a known link of the stage
Are you certain that the value passed from the Input Values field (to the InputArg argument) is correctly spelled and correctly cased?
Even in your post you've been careless with case (DSgetLinkInfo, with a small "g", would not work). So this may also have been what happened in your job design.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SonShe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thankyou, Ray.

Post by SonShe »

ray.wurlod wrote:From DSINCLUDE/JOBCONTROL.H

Code: Select all

Equ DSJE.BADLINK    To  -9  ;* LinkName does not refer to a known link of the stage
Are you certain that the value passed from the Input Values field (to the InputArg argument) is correctly spelled and correctly cased?
Even in your post you've been careless with case (DSgetLinkInfo, with a small "g", would not work). So this may also have been what happened in your job design.
Thank you so much for your comment. I sure will put extra care to avoid the obvious errors. In fact, as you said it was bad link name I was passing.