Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pavan_Yelugula
Premium Member
Premium Member

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised

Post by Pavan_Yelugula »

hi all

i have this error "Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage jbRevenue..CalcVariance" as a warning and the job is getting aborted.
it was working fine in one run and it was aborting after that.

The stage it is refering is a transformer and some calc are being done in the transformer

any inputs will be really helpful

Thanks and regards
Pavan
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Hi,

Look at this forun on howto use the &PH& directory.

You are probably doing some wrong operation on the data e.g. passing null to an operation that does not allow null or doing a mathmatical operation on a charachter.

HTH,
Amos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This message can be generated by many things, some of them outside of DataStage's control (such as disk full). Usually there are other warning messages in the log; if not, reset the job and look for a message with "From previous run..." as its first line - if present it will contain additional diagnostic information.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
fridge
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by fridge »

I believe (but will prob get blasted by the likes of Ray) that this can also happen if deadlock daemon enabled and it found a deadlock.

Basically if 'deadly embrace' occurs on a hashfile record/group the daemon kicks in and nobbles one of the offenders
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No blast, the scenario described can happen, if the deadlock daemon is configured automatically to resolve the deadlock.

But, by default, the deadlock daemon does not resolve deadlocks; it only detects them so that the administrator can release them manually.

It's one of my favourite things in the product; the option on the DEADLOCK.MENU is "select victim for deadlock resolution" :lol:

"Resolving" a deadlock typically involves at the very least rolling back a supposedly active transaction, or even killing its owner process.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Pavan_Yelugula
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Pavan_Yelugula »

hi all
i guess i got it. the calculation i said i was doing in the transformer is something like
((col1-col2)/col2)*100

what is happening is someof the values which are coming in col2 are blank
as soon as i changed it. it is working fine
The error which was given by DataStage couldn't point me to this but a couple of trail and error solutions got me it.

Thanks all for the help

Thanks and Regards
Pavan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If col2 is blank your expression is effectively attempting to divide by zero which the DataStage or UniVerse documentation will tell you is an illegal operation and will cause the executing process to abort.