DSjobReport error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mak
Participant

DSjobReport error

Post by mak »

Hi i am new to Ascential and these Routines.

I am trying to implement DSjobReport job that i downloaded from Ascential Developernet site.

I got an error saying dsjob not found.

I tried this couple of ways.

First ,I selected ExecSH in before subroutine and used this follwing command
dsjob -report proj jobname XML > Dir/jobname.xml

second in Filter Command ( seq file Stage )

Please guide me to resolve this one.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You need to fix your PATH or the dsjob command should be so full path. The dsjob command is in DSEngine/bin. I fixed my version by making the dsjob parameter default to ../../DSEngine/bin/dsjob -report.
Mamu Kim
mak
Participant

Post by mak »

It Worked. Thanks Kim.
JDionne
Participant

Post by JDionne »

kduke wrote:You need to fix your PATH or the dsjob command should be so full path. The dsjob command is in DSEngine/bin. I fixed my version by making the dsjob parameter default to ../../DSEngine/bin/dsjob -report.
We are having problems with the paramiter for this job. Can someone post an example of what the input paramiter should look like?
Sure I need help....But who dosent?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The DSEngine directory is usually the same level as the projects directory. So you can use:

Code: Select all

../../DSEngine/bin/dsjob
If you are on Windows then use "\". If you projects are not on the same directory structure then use a full path.

Code: Select all

/opt/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/dsjob
Find the path to your project and find the path to DSEngine. The easiest solution is to add $DSHOME/bin to your PATH in dsenv.
Mamu Kim
tetaylor
Participant

Post by tetaylor »

I'm trying to get job report data out of DS and into a DB2 Table. I'm having some issues on how to get DSJobReport to actually work. I've got a Sequencer with 2 Job activities followed by a Routine Activity wich calls the DSJobReport routine. I've tried all combinations I can think of for the InputArg. Can someone point me in the right direction or give an example of a correct InputArg Value Expression? Thanks in advance!

T
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

DSJobReport is a routine supplied with DataStage in the Before/After folders. Here is the long description:

After Job subroutine which writes a Job report to a file
InputArg is a string which can have 3 ';' seperated fields.
Field 1 specifies the report type(0, 1 or 2) as recognized by DSMakeJobReport.
Field 2 specifies the directory in which the report file will be written.
Field 3 can be used to specify the XSL stylesheet to be refernced in the generated
XML file for report type 2.
The generated file, basename JobName[-AliasId], for report types 0 or 1 will have a .txt suffix and for type 2 a .xml suffix.

The DSJobReport downloaded from ADN that we have been talking about is a job. It runs the dsjob command with -report and XML options. Very different ways of getting the same info.
Mamu Kim