CFF conversion issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsrules
Premium Member
Premium Member

CFF conversion issue

Post by dsrules »

Hi,
I am using CFF stage to view data downloaded from mainframe. Everything looks right except the decimal columns have .. rather than a single . separating the scale and number.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
dsrules

Post by ArndW »

dsrules - what is the Cobol PICture for the column?
dsrules
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsrules »

ArndW,
I fixed it :D . The error was the Meta data was s9(10)v99 but in the mainframe they were explicitly signed. I got them onto DataStage using pic x(12) then loaded them into sequential file as decimal. This works fine. Please let me know if I am doing a right thing.
Thanks
dsrules

Post by ray.wurlod »

Murphy's fourth postulate:

If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid.

Your technique is entirely valid in server jobs, because the Engine does not use data types - everything is a string with implicit conversion governed by context (for example arithmetic). This helps DataStage to be tolerant of data type mismatches.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.