Transformer detected

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Transformer detected

Post by nkln@you »

I have a source DRS stage A , it is connected to a transformer Tr, and TR is connected to two target DRS stages B,C. When i run the job, in director i observed the following:

trace mode =0 for transformer.
then sql in A got executed.
then sql in B got executed.
then sql in c got executed.
then a warning occurreed saying "Tr detected".

What is this error and how can we rectify this.

Actuall the same job ran fine in one project. When i exported and imported into another project, this warning occurred. All parameters are set up in this new project.
Aim high
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Usually, errors are 'detected' in your Transformers as they are the primary active stages in jobs. You'll need to post the actual error message before anyone can help you, however.

You can also try resetting (not recompiling) the job after it fails and see if it puts anything in the log labelled as 'From last run'. If it does, post that here as well.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And you must post the entire message. There is no such message as "TR detected". It probably says something like "abnormal termination of stage TR detected".
Without the entire message your question is like "My car is. Can you fix it?" Not helpful, is it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.