multi-valued column

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

multi-valued column

Post by poorna_76 »

How can I represent a multi-valued column?
Array of values in a single field.
Basically can i decalre an Array kind of thing?

Thanks in Advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Poorna76,

In DataStage BASIC programs or derivations a multvalue is always represented as a string of unspecified length, with the fields, values & subvalues separated by special characters. So you don't need to do any special defining in order to get a multivalue string; you don't need to declare an array. There are many DataStage function which will process such a multivalue string that are detailed in the .PDF documentation files. If this doesn't answer you question then please explain what you were thinking of doing with the multivalues and I'm sure someone will provide insight.
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,

You may think of using UV stage.

Ketfos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are many possible solutions. Please be more exact about exactly what you want to do, particularly where you want to use the multi-valued column, then we can be more precise about the best approach.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.