Can we use hash files created in 6.1 in 7.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinodlakshmanan
Participant

Can we use hash files created in 6.1 in 7.0

Post by vinodlakshmanan »

We have some hash files created in 6.1 PX jobs and we need to use them in 7.0. First of all, can we copy hash files from one server to another? Secondly can we use hash files created in 6.0 directly in 7.0 jbs, if copying them is possible.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you are going to a similar platform (i.e. not going from Unix to Windows) then yes, you can copy the hashed files directly and they are immediately useable. If you cross the Windows/Unix divide you will have to FNUXI the files but they are also compatible after that. I am assuming that you specified paths to the files instead of putting them into a DataStage account, if you did the latter then you'll do best to create the files via a dummy job or validation run on the new system and copying the contents over at OS level - remember to copy the hidden files as well on type 30 files/directories and to make sure that no jobs are running that use the files when copying. Oh, and make sure to copy the access rights as well.
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

Tacking on this question :wink:

Does anyone know an easy way to get a list of the user hash files in a project ("using Account Name").

And possible something to recreate the corresponding VOC pointers/empty hash files in a new DataStage installation.

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ray and others have posted the SQL to get the list of hash files. Look for OLETYPE = 'CHashInput' or 'CHashOutput'.

The easiest way to create the hahs files is to validate every job. You could script this with dsjob at the UNIX level or do it in BASIC. I do not have this script written but I am sure it would not be hard if you need help.
Mamu Kim