where are username and password stored internally?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pavan_Yelugula
Premium Member
Premium Member

where are username and password stored internally?

Post by Pavan_Yelugula »

Hi All
where are the username and password stored internally. we want to change the user name and password for our DataStage server

1st solution: re-install Data Stage with our new username and password
2nd solution: if we can find out where that file which stores the username and password internally.we can go change the old ones with the new ones

Will the second way work?

it would be really helpful if you can tell me the exact path of the username and password file

Thanks and Regards
Pavan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

User name and password are not stored by DataStage on UNIX; it relies wholly upon operating system authentication.

If you uninstall DataStage then re-install you will be safer than simply re-installing. Make sure you've exported any projects, so that you can re-import them afterwards. A small amount of other files, such as .odbc.ini and uvodbc.config and the hashed file SDKSequences, will need to be preserved too. And you may need to re-create any other hashed files that were created in project directories (in "accounts").
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
simply use the OS mechanism for password changes (sould be passwd or psswd)
and your good to go.
at least it gave me no problems on true 64.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org