Warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ksmurthys
Participant

Warning

Post by ksmurthys »

Hi ALL,

My job is simple, i tried to insert data into a decimal column(i.e decimal(12,2)) i am getting the following error:

factpossample1.CTransformerStage1.DSLink4: DSD.BCIPut call to SQLExecute returned informational message.
SQLSTATE=01004, DBMS.CODE=0
[Ardent][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Fractional truncation

CUST_KEY = 1
PROD_KEY = 322831
STORE_KEY = 16076
CUST_ITEM = "311785 "
Year = 2004
Month = 11
Company = "0"
Vendor = "17561"
Prod_line = " "
Dollar_Amount = 0.67
Units = 0

Please help me out how to resolve this issue..

Thanks,
Sriram.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a warning rather than an error, and it's generated by the ODBC driver rather than by the database server.

It means that, somewhere, a decimal value has been truncated. The apparent culprit is Dollar_Amount. The CURRENCY data type in SQL Server expects four decimal places; you have only supplied two. It might be this. To suppress the warning, if this is indeed the fault, send 0.6700 to Dollar_Amount.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Would you get a warning writing a two decimal value to a four decimal field? I thought it would only happen if the target has less precision then the source. Could the job be writing to a field that supports no decimal places?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One word. Micro$oft.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.