Problem with installation Plug-in on HP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akrzy
Participant

Problem with installation Plug-in on HP

Post by akrzy »

Hi,
I 've installed DS 7.5 on HP platform.
But not every stages was installed.
Now, when I try using "Package installer" to add missing stages (plug-ins) I get information that the directory doesn't have any packages .

What can be wrong?

Anka
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You are problably just not specifying the proper directory when running dspackinst. It's been way too long since I've used it to last to add more than that. :?

Why not just rerun your Server install? It will know you are not doing an 'upgrade' or 'new' installation of the software and go into maintenance mode. Then, you can choose the 'Install additional plugins' option and get the missing stages added fairly easily. That will also get them into every project at once (plus the Template project) rather than you having to repeat your steps with the package installer if you have more than one.

PS. Your 'OS' in the post headers should say 'UNIX' to avoid confusion. It's meant to mean what operating system your Sever software is installed on. FYI.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers