Cleint User configuration in Administrator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Cleint User configuration in Administrator

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

I am working in Windows verion of DS 7.x, i want to know how a user can be given acess to DS Client, i have created a user group at NT level and i see that group in DS Admin->Properties of project-> Permision and given them DS Developer role, but i am not able to connect to the Project by giving the IP of the server and user id and password for all users from the Client side. How can i establish the client server connectivity.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you put the user(s) into the group?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Hi Ray,

Yes i have put all the users to a group.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
ray.wurlod wrote:Have you put the user(s) into the group?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What error message is issued when you fail to connect?

Can you ping the server machine successfully from any of the client machines?

Can you connect via telnet to the server machine from any of the client machines?

Is the DataStage RPC process (dsrpcd) running on the server machine?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Hi Ray,

It is showing the following error when i try to select the project name after specifying the host id, "FAILED to connect to host :172.27.194.32,porject:UV (The host name specified is not valid,or the host is not responding).

Yes i tried to ping it is pinging sucessfully.

When i try to connect throught telnet it is showing error

"Connecting To hostname...Could not open connection to the host, on port 172.27.194.32: Connect failed."

Yes the RPC process is running in the server.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
ray.wurlod wrote:What error message is issued when you fail to connect?

Can you ping the server machine successfully from any of the client machines?

Can you connect via telnet to the server machine from any of the client machines?

Is the DataStage RPC process (dsrpcd) running on the server machine?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there perhaps a firewall? The DataStage RPC servicce listens on port number 31538 and the DataStage telnet service listens on port number 23; you may need to open these.

Is the message the same from an attempt to connect via telnet as it is from a DataStage client?
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Hi Ray,

Yes there is a firewall, i think we will have to enable that port in the firewall. Thank you.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
ray.wurlod wrote:Is there perhaps a firewall? The DataStage RPC servicce listens on port number 31538 and the DataStage telnet service listens on port number 23; you may need to open these.

Is the message the same from an attempt to connect via telnet as it is from a DataStage client?