date time filed over flow

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ranga1970
Participant

date time filed over flow

Post by ranga1970 »

Hi folks
My source oracle 7 and target SQL, when I run a job it trows me an error after running 77,000 record which is fatal error type
there are two date fields but if the problem is with date time, it should abort first only, its aborting after running 77000, and date fields are yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss format, could some one help
STGRFQ..Transformer_61.Out_USER_INSERT: DSD.BCIPut call to SQLExecute failed.
SQL statement:INSERT INTO STG_RFQ(RFQID, DateProposedEffective, SalesDeadLineDate, EligibleEmployees, IsLifeQuote, IsDentalQuote, status_ind, RegionKey) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
SQLSTATE=22008, DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Datetime field overflow
RRCHINTALA
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You need to make sure that data is present to a database in the form that it expects. Oracle returns timestamps without any subsecond digits, whereas SQL-Server expects subsecond digits. There are functions in the SDK folder you should look at for manipulating values.

You will want to format the Orace timestamps with subseconds, even if it means simply concatenating ".000" to each value.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ranga1970
Participant

ATTN kcbland SOME MORE INFO FOR YOU REGARDING THE PROBLEM

Post by ranga1970 »

WELL KC IF THAT CASE AT OTHER PLACES WHERE I AM JUST PASSING THE DATA ITS GOING THROUGH, EVEN IN THE SAME JOB THERE ARE TWO DATE FIELDS AND IF I KEEP BOTH DATE FIELD ONLY 77,228 RECORDS ARE PASSING AND THE ERROR I SAID ABOVE IS HAPPENING, IF KEEP FIELD 1 ONLY(EFF DATE) THEN ALL 94,000 RECORDS ARE PAASING, IF I PASS FIELD 2 ONLY(TERM DATE) THEN SAME PROBLE 77,228, THEN I CONCLUDED THAT IT PROBLEM WITH FIELD(TERM DATE) BUT I COULD NOT FIGUROUT THE SOLUTION, I AM THINKING ONLY ONE RECORD OUT OF THIS FIELD 2 IS CULPRIT AND THATS WHY AT GOING TRHOUGH THAT RECORD COMES AND WHEN THAT RECORD IS COMING WHICH IS 77,229 RECORD BECASUE OF THIS FIELD TWO COL IN 77,229 RECORD DATASTAGE IS THROWING ERROR, BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO IDENTIFY WHICH IS THAT RECORD AND WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, IF YOU COULD HELP ME THAT SHOULD BE GREAT

THANKS
RRCHINTALA