Problems with Oracle OCI Load Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Oli
Participant

Problems with Oracle OCI Load Stage

Post by Oli »

Hi

I am experimenting with the Oracle OCI Load Stage using direct path loading and I dont seem to get a simple job to run. It is a simple job with one Oracle Source, Transformer and the OCI Load Stage. I am using the AUTOMATIC load option and hence do not specify any

Directory Path
Control File Name
Data File Name

as instructured in the documentation.

Delimeter is also not specified since the input stream does not have any delimitiers being read from an Oracle source. It is not though specified in the documentation.

The only error message I get is

Abnormal termination of stage DevFDMxStoreProcessedRecords..xfmRecords detected

Which doesnt say very much.

Does somebody have any tip on what the issue can be? I am using Oracle 8.1.7 client loading to a 9.2.0.5 database

BR
Oli
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Is your target database on the same server as DataStage? I'm pretty sure that is a requirement for the 'Automatic' option.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Oli
Participant

Post by Oli »

Hi Craig

Yes, the database is located on the same physical machine as the Datastage binaries. It is version 9.2.0.5 but all the jobs I am currently using are using the Oracle 8.1.7 client since I have not yet migrated to the new OCI 9 stage.

BR
OLI
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok. What happens after the job aborts and you reset (not recompile) the job? Is there any kind of message in the log that says 'From previous run...'? If so, that can give more clues as to what is going on.
-craig

Oli
Participant

Post by Oli »

Hi there

I reset the job and only get the very explanatory information (NOT)

Job DevFDMxStoreProcessedRecords aborted.
Resetting Job DevFDMxStoreProcessedRecords.
Resetting stage DevFDMxStoreProcessedRecords..xfmRecords.
Finished Resetting stage DevFDMxStoreProcessedRecords..xfmRecords.
Job DevFDMxStoreProcessedRecords has been reset.

If you have a similar job that I could take a look at I would appreciate having a look at it. I might be doing something fundamentally wrong ?

BR
OLI
Oli
Participant

Post by Oli »

The manual loading is working though. I guess there some communication problems between DataStage and Oracle via the shared library.

Oli
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

More than likely. It could be related to the fact that you are mixing 8i and 9i. :?

To be honest, I've never had an occasion to even try the Automatic mode, we use the Manual mode exclusively. We have scripts that work through the large collection of extracted files we pull out of CDC and this gives us a greater degree of flexibility and parallelism when we handle this step ourselves.

Have you opened a case with Support?
-craig

Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

I seem to recall reading a piece of documentation somewhere stating that the bulk load stage only supports Oracle 8. Don't know if that meant it required an 8.x client or if it also required an 8.x server.

Sorry I don't remember exactly where I saw that.

Mike