Upgrade

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Edward
Participant

Upgrade

Post by Edward »

Hi ALL,

WE are in the of upgrade from 4.2 to 7.5.When i enter license details its gave warning "Datastage found 4 CPU on the server U are limit to one CPU",then i pressed ok to continue.
I Promped for directory path, etc after that i got error couldnot install datastage.I aborted from the setup,then i tried to start datastge services its not started.Is there any solution for the above Problem?

Thanks,
EDWARD.
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

Ascential has changed the way DataStage is licensed. It is now considers the number of CPUs. You need a smaller box, or a different license code that allows 4 CPUs.

Call support and your sales rep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's something else going on. :? Even if you are only licensed for one cpu it will allow you to install on a system with more. The downside is, each time every job runs, a warning will be placed in the log that you have exceeded your license count.

What was the exact error? Do you have a current export of your projects? I would be worried that, if you installation is damaged now, you may need to uninstall what you have now and install the 7.5 version clean. After that you could import your jobs from the old version.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You certainly have a second problem that is aborting your install. Check your install log file which is probably in the temp directory. You also need to sort out how many CPUs you are entitled to. Ascential have given you the bare minimum one CPU upgrade path after you moved from project based licensing to CPU based licensing, was this a fair upgrade?
ksmurthys
Participant

Post by ksmurthys »

HI Chulett,

U are exactly right,that installtion damaged my server n now i reinstalled my previous version n imported all my jobs.Here my backup is no good so that i got only executables,table definitions,routines bu not job designs.
I am very much worrying about job designs.
Usually we take Server backup everyday,Is there any way i can get my previous projects from Server backup.

Thanks IN ADVANCE.