Category Structure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

him121
Premium Member
Premium Member

Category Structure

Post by him121 »

hi..
all
how can i Modifiy Category structure without Moving Jobs.
here i have structure like E.G.

A-->B->C-->D-->JOBS

NOW if i want to change a name of A to Apple
B to Boy and C to CAT..
without moving all the jobs in JOBS category.
how can i do it.

because this is timeconsuming process.
so i want some Tool or some other way through Admin Command.
if someone know please tell me.

thanx in advance.

himanshu
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Other than using manager to mass move jobs (doesn't require renaming, just select all and right-click Move-To option) you would have to use a hack at the internal folder structure attribute in DS_JOBS file or do an export and textsearch/replace in the .dsx file.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In most branches of the Repository there is a CATEGORY column.

With the exception of table definitions you can update this using SQL, provided you have already created the new category.

A backslash in the category name indicates a new level. For example:

Code: Select all

UPDATE DS_JOBS SET CATEGORY = 'level1\level2' WHERE CATEGORY = 'levelA\levelB' ;
You can adapt the WHERE clause to restrict the operation to particular components; each component name is in the DSRID column. For example:

Code: Select all

UPDATE DS_ROUTINES SET CATEGORY = 'Utility\File' WHERE CATEGORY = 'MyRoutines\FileRoutines' AND DSRID LIKE '%Text%';
Table definitions are trickier for two reasons: the category is also embedded in the DSRID, and there must be exactly two levels to the category.

Caveat. No responsibility, express or implied, will be accepted for any damage you might cause to your Repository by inaccurately following the advice given here.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.