Copylibs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jlockwo
Participant

Copylibs

Post by jlockwo »

I am trying to create our first mainframe job using Datastage XE/390. I get all the way though and generate code, but my code won't compile. The compile JCL refers to some copylibs that we don't have:

YOUR.ARDTRTL.COPYLIB

Now, this does not look like the right copylib name. However, I can't figure out how to get the compile JCL to have any other copylib name instead of this one.

Also, were the members of the above copylib supposed to be installed as part of the installation process? I can't find them and think they might not have been installed, but wasn't sure that they were supposed to have been in the first place.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are several "Ardent run time library" (ARDTRTL) libraries that need to be installed on the mainframe, and usually are.

You also need to edit the JCL templates, which allows you to supply the names with which you installed the libraries, to replace the YOUR... tokens.

You can edit JCL templates from the Manager client. Choose JCL Templates from the Tools menu.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.