i need to see the job names, of a table name given

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajiivnb
Participant

i need to see the job names, of a table name given

Post by rajiivnb »

Hi,

I want to see all the job names, whether a partincular table has been used. i need this to be done through the Command window in the Administrator, instead of using Usage Analysis.

Can any one help me in this.
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

I don't think that it can be done in the command window in Administrator. In order to do that you need to be an expert in universe and you should know the metadata of internal table structures of universe which is not available to public. Also it is quite hard to understand the structures if you are new to universe.

For the moment Usage Analysis and Reporting tool comes along with datastage is the only option where you can look your answer. There is another product called Metastage by Ascential which is meant for metadata.

Thanks
Siva
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Your request is impossible. You're asking for a single command to parse the job design repository to find all usage of a table name. Searching the table definitions for using in the job designs is a broken search method, this trick doesn't work (see MetaStage user complaints).

What you want could be achieved only programmatically.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That sounds like a challenge! :lol:

It would be a particularly horrible SQL query, and probably end up exceeding the maximum permissible length for a query statement. Even if you knew the internal structure for records in the DataStage Repository.

And if you use job parameters for table names, the problem worsens by one or two orders of magnitude.

Theoretically, though, it could be done.

But not by this little black duck!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajiivnb
Participant

Re: i need to see the job names, of a table name given

Post by rajiivnb »

rajiivnb wrote:Hi,

I want to see all the job names, whether a partincular table has been used. i need this to be done through the Command window in the Administrator, instead of using Usage Analysis.

Can any one help me in this.
thanx for ur quick response.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

If you could limit it to specific stage types then it is possible. Ray posted one for hash files. What stage types do you need?

Otherwise buy DwNav. That is why I wrote it.
Mamu Kim