Multiple hash files in a single stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

andru
Participant

Multiple hash files in a single stage

Post by andru »

Hi,

How will this work? Trying to access multiple hash files from the same stage using different links. Preload to memory is enabled.

My doubt is
1. Will the performance degrade?
2. Since the same memory will be used by all the four hash files, will there be any data leakage?

Thanks.
Uma
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Hi

This doesn't make any if you have one hash stage and one link or one hash stage with 10 links. It all means the same. It will behave in the same way.

Cheers
Siva
andru
Participant

Post by andru »

Siva,

I feel wht u have told will be a case when you access the same hash file using multiple links from the same stage.

But when you try to access multiple different hash files using the same stage, it will try to load the data of all the hash files in the same memory. Also the connection made will be single for all the four lookups. So i feel there could be a performance difference in this approach. Let me know ur thoughts.

Thanks,
Uma
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Uma,

It is just a graphical design where you can use the same stage to have different links by defining what the links are associated to. So it won't make any difference if you use the same stage or different stage. If your hash files are tiny then you can say to preload it to the memory option.

This will make difference if you are trying the database plug-in. Whereas in database stages it will use one session for all the links from that stages.

Thanks
Siva